Koenigsegg associates with the outdated Saab to "become new market segments"

Koenigsegg introduced the creation of a brand new three way partnership with the Swedish New Car Car Electrical Car Group (NEVS), previously often known as Saab.

In keeping with Koenigsegg, the brand new strategic partnership will make it potential to develop electrified autos in barely larger volumes, whereas serving to them to progress within the hypercars section.

NEVS invests on this new partnership 150 million euros (about 170 million in present change charges), whereas taking a minority stake of 20% within the mum or dad firm of Koenigsegg and a 65% stake within the three way partnership. Koenigsegg obtains the remaining 35% by bringing their mental property, their know-how licenses and the design of their merchandise.

This isn’t the primary time the 2 firms have labored collectively, however their new deal will permit Koenigsegg to achieve entry to NEVS 'manufacturing and engineering services in Sweden, in addition to to its intensive community of sellers in China.

The bulk proprietor of NEVS is the Chinese language actual property developer Evergrande, which additionally holds a majority stake in Shanghai CENAT, a battery-powered car producer in China, in addition to a 32% stake in Faraday Future.

"Koenigsegg innovates by leveraging its distinctive know-how, observe report and market place to discover and develop new merchandise," stated Christian von Koenigsegg, founder and CEO of Koenigsegg. "This partnership will create the very best circumstances for Koenigsegg to speed up progress within the hyper automotive market, whereas permitting us to penetrate NEVS into an untapped market section."

"Having the ability to improve our funding within the Swedish automotive trade by means of an organization with which we all know and preserve established relationships is a vital step for us," stated Kai Johan Jiang, chairman of the corporate. board of administrators of NEVS. A B. "Now we have each the abilities and the services to assist Koenigsegg on his solution to the longer term, which we sit up for."

extra pictures …

Related posts

Leave a Comment